Physical therapy is a type of treatment that can improve functions of the body to help a person move better, restore fitness, improve physical function, and to decrease pain. It usually includes some type of exercise or prescribed movement tailored to help you get better and to avoid additional problems in the future.
Along with your physician, a physical therapist will create a treatment plan that targets specific points in the musculo-skeletal system in order to help you recover from surgery, illness, disease, or injuries.
Physical therapy includes education and training in areas such as:
- Creating a safer home life – especially if you have balance, vision, or hearing problems
- Protecting yourself from further injury
- Using durable medical equipment such as walkers or crutches
- Exercise routines to perform at home to increase the healing process or to manage pain
- Performing daily living tasks
The physicians at Cedar Hill Pain and Rehab can help determine the best treatment plan that works for you and improves your quality of life.